I am blessed with a February birthday - you know, the month of love, hearts, blah, blah, blah. As I 'mature', I find myself leaning towards things I would like to accomplish in my lifetime. You know, the old bucket list.
John's sister recently posted 50 things to let go of before your next birthday. They are from marcandangel.com and I have picked out 10 to get me started. They are not so much things to check off my bucket list, as they are things I need to do to make a better, more fulfilled me. Hope they enrich your life and help you move forward to a better you!
1. Let go of what isn't helping your soul smile and grow. - Life is to be enjoyed, not endured. Follow a path that moves you. You are always free to do something that makes you smile.
2. Let go of the baggage you know you need to leave behind. - As we grow older and wiser, we begin to realize what we need and what we need to leave behind. Sometimes walking away is a step forward.
3. Let go of feeling like you aren't making progress fast enough. - No matter how many mistakes you make or how slow you progress, you are still way ahead of everyone who isn't trying.
4. Let go of the idea that you have too much to lose. - In the end, you won't regret the things you've done nearly as much as the things you didn't do when you had the chance. I'd rather have a life of OH WELLS than a life of WHAT IFS. Wouldn't you agree?
5. Let go of worrying about everyone else's opinions of your life. - When writing the story of your life, don't let someone else hold the pen.
6. Let go of your tendency to avoid problems. - You cannot change what you refuse to confront.
7. Let go of all your empty complaints. - If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change the way you think about it.
8. Let go of the excuses. - If you really want to do something, you'll find a way. If you don't, you'll find an excuse.
9. Let go of lazy attitudes and routines. - You can't underestimate a person who always works hard. Be that person. In life, you don't get what you wish for; you get what you work for.
10. Let go of making the same mistakes over and over. - You can't make the same mistake twice. The second time you make it, it's no longer a mistake, it's a choice.
Facebook saying of the Week: My parents spanked me as a child. As a result, I now suffer from a physical condition known as 'Respect for Others.' (If only this condition would rub off on some of the kids today!!!!)
Pet Peeve of the Week: When people use their phones as their source of 'talking' to someone. This is ruining our ability to communicate with others. People use texting without putting any thought in how the words come across. Because there is no emotion involved, the sender and the receiver are both missing out the true joy/pain/love/hurt associated with face-to-face conversation. I saw a great saying recently by Shaun Shane that said, "If only our tongues were made of glass, how much more careful we would be when we speak." Wow…..now there's a thought!!!
Remember, love the people God gave you because he will need them back one day. That's just me……let me know what you think!!