Sunday November 23, 2014


Survey results are meant for general information only, and are not based on recognised statistical methods.

Police report no incidents arising from weekend protest


Weyburn Police Service officer's monitored the Pro-Life/Intolerance Free Weyburn Protest at City Hall and subsequently McKenna Hall on April 11 and 12. There were no incidents from the protest.

A 23-year-old male will appear in court on charges of impaired driving, refusing a breath test and fleeing from police as a result of an incident on April 11.

Police attempted to stop a speeding vehicle, a Weyburn Police Service vehicle was damaged when the same vehicle allegedly backed into a patrol car. The vehicle drove away but was stopped by officers a short distance away. In addition to being arrested and charged for impaired driving, refusing a breath test and fleeing from police, he will also be facing traffic safety act and alcohol gaming act charges. He was held in custody and later released to appear in Court in May. The police officer was not injured.

Police received a call about a vehicle lying on its roof on the outlying area of Weyburn on April 13. A 37-year-old male was found walking on the highway near the vehicle; however, no one could place the male as the driver of the vehicle. He was arrested for breaching his conditions and was lodged in Weyburn Police Service cells. Police are investigating the accident.

On April 11/14 an officer checked a vehicle that was stopped on the side of a highway, the vehicle did not have a license plate. A 51-year-old male provided two breath samples which indicated that he was over .08., and was arrested and charged with impaired driving and transported to Weyburn Police Service.

An Estevan Taxi driver called Weyburn Police Services regarding non-payment of a fare. The driver brought three males to Weyburn; they exited the cab to have a cigarette and ran away. A statement was taken from the driver and the incident is under investigation.

On April 11, police received a complaint of a gas drive off, the offender took $58 dollars worth of fuel without paying. The offender was contacted and returned to the gas station and paid for the fuel.

Police received a complaint where a vehicle was egged, sprayed with silly string and had blizzards thrown at it on April 11. The vehicle mischief is under investigation.

A Canada Post worker was bitten by a dog at a residence on April 10. An officer took a statement from the victim, a 21-year-old male. The resulting injuries were minor in nature and no stitches were needed. The homeowner was charged for allowing the dog to run at large.

Police responded to a domestic situation where two males were yelling at each other on April 10. A 42-year-old male had punched the window out of a 50-year-old male's vehicle which resulted in a fight. The 42-year-old male was bleeding from his hand but refused medical attention and the 50-year-old was given a ride home.

Police mediated a property dispute between two individuals on April 9. Several items were dropped off at Weyburn Police Service for the other person to pick up.

Police received a complaint of bullying from a mother and her daughter on April 9. An officer attended the girl's school and met with everyone involved. All parties agreed to leave each other alone.

Police checked a vacant residence where it appeared that someone had been staying. The house was monitored by officers and a 22-year-old male was caught after running into the back yard. He was arrested for breaking and entering and was transported to Weyburn Police Service. He was searched and two marihuana cigarettes were found in his shirt pocket. He was charged for the break and enter and possession of marihuana.

Police received information about a 22-year-old who had used an air powered bb gun to cause a substantial amount of damage in a vacant home. The male was found to be on a Conditional Sentence Order. Police arrested the male on his order and he was charged for Mischief over $5000. He was lodged in cells and appeared in Court.

Police received a call when a client failed to return to a Group Home on April 7. He was located the following day at a friend's home and he was okay. The information was passed on to the home.

Police did a curfew check on a 32-year-old male on April 7, who was on conditions to follow a curfew. He was not at home when the check was done. The male was found at home hours later and stated that he had car problems. He was arrested for breaching his curfew and was lodged in cells.

If you or anyone you know has any information regarding any of the above crimes, or any other serious crime, police are encouraging you to contact Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-Tips(8477), or to contact the Weyburn Police Service.



NOTE: To post a comment in the new commenting system you must have an account with at least one of the following services: Disqus, Facebook, Twitter, Yahoo, OpenID. You may then login using your account credentials for that service. If you do not already have an account you may register a new profile with Disqus by first clicking the "Post as" button and then the link: "Don't have one? Register a new profile".

The Weyburn This Week welcomes your opinions and comments. We do not allow personal attacks, offensive language or unsubstantiated allegations. We reserve the right to edit comments for length, style, legality and taste and reproduce them in print, electronic or otherwise. For further information, please contact the editor or publisher, or see our Terms and Conditions.

blog comments powered by Disqus

About Us | Advertise | Contact Us | Sitemap / RSS   Glacier Community Media:    © Copyright 2014 Glacier Community Media | User Agreement & Privacy Policy


Lost your password?