Thursday November 27, 2014


  • Do you consider it rude to swear in public?
  • Yes
  • 68%
  • No
  • 32%
  • Total Votes: 22

Weyburn Police deal with fights, accidents and counterfeit bills


Weyburn Police have charged a 17-year-old Ontario girl with possession of and using counterfeit money at a local restaurant July 8.

Constable David Schenk said the female tried using two counterfeit $20 bills to pay for her food.

Police encourage the public to report to Weyburn police if they suspect they have one of these bills.

Weyburn Police Services responded to a local bar after an altercation occurred between patrons and a bouncer on July 5.

The parties involved were told to settle down and attend the police station when they sobered up if they wished to pursue any charges. No one showed up the following day and no charges were laid.

A 17-year-old youth was charged with stunting following a complaint of an erratic driver on July 5.

Police ticketed two 20-year-old men for having alcohol in a vehicle, which carries a fine of $360, after receiving a complaint of people drinking and smashing bottles in the parking lot of a local business on July 3.

The men were also ordered to clean up the broken glass.

Also on July 3, police attended a local hotel where two male co-workers aged 20 and 33 had a disagreement, one of the combatants was moved to a different room. No charges were laid in the incident.

Police witnessed an accident at 1st Avenue NE and 2nd Street on July 2. Two vehicles were west bound, the first vehicle stopped for pedestrians crossing the street and the second vehicle collided with the rear of it. Both drivers were told to report the accident to SGI. No charges were laid in the accident.

Police received a complaint of a male sleeping on the bench outside of the Museum. The male was gone when officers arrived, however, the 52-year-old male was located and given notice that he cannot remain in the area longer than 20 minutes.

A bike patrol officer saw a youth riding his bike downtown on his own on July 2. The 8-year-old boy was escorted to his residence by the officer.

The parent of a 15-year-old youth called police when she was unable to meet up with her daughter who had gone to the fair on July 2. An officer located her a short time later and notified the parent.

Police received a complaint that there were people on the roof of the Sports Arena during the evening of July 1. A number of people were on the roof stating that they were there to watch the fireworks. They were advised to get down, no charges were laid.

Police received a complaint that there had been a fight in the beer gardens at the fair grounds on July 1. Officers spoke to security staff but no one could identify the combatants, as a result no charges were laid.

Police responded to an accident at 5th Street and Prairie Ave. An east bound vehicle on Prairie Avenue left the stop sign and collided with the north bound vehicle on 5th Street on July 1. The driver of the east bound vehicle was charged with leaving the stop sign before safe.

A 49-year-old male reported hearing gunshots in a residential area on July 1. Officers responded to the area and found that a 31-year-old male had set off some fireworks. No charges were laid in the incident.

Police received a complaint about a masked youth jumping out in front of cars on 3rd Street South on June 30. Officers patrolled the area and no one was found.

Police received a complaint where a vehicle had followed another vehicle to a truck wash in Weyburn; apparently the driver was driving all over the road. An officer spoke to a 43-year-old male, he was sober and stated that his truck was full of mud causing the driving action. No charges were laid in the incident.

A taxi driver called police reporting a disturbance at 327 2nd Avenue SE on June 30. A 54-year-old intoxicated male had a fight with another male in a residence; he was removed and taken home. There were no criminal charges laid in the fight.

On June 30, police followed up on a 9-1-1 hang up call. A 21-year-old female was located and stated that she had been assaulted. She provided a witness statement and the name of the 32-year-old male suspect. No charges were laid in the assault as the female did not want the police to proceed with charges.

If you or anyone you know has any information regarding any of the above crimes, or any other serious crime, police are encouraging you to contact Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477), or to contact the Weyburn Police Service at 306-848-3250.



NOTE: To post a comment in the new commenting system you must have an account with at least one of the following services: Disqus, Facebook, Twitter, Yahoo, OpenID. You may then login using your account credentials for that service. If you do not already have an account you may register a new profile with Disqus by first clicking the "Post as" button and then the link: "Don't have one? Register a new profile".

The Weyburn This Week welcomes your opinions and comments. We do not allow personal attacks, offensive language or unsubstantiated allegations. We reserve the right to edit comments for length, style, legality and taste and reproduce them in print, electronic or otherwise. For further information, please contact the editor or publisher, or see our Terms and Conditions.

blog comments powered by Disqus

About Us | Advertise | Contact Us | Sitemap / RSS   Glacier Community Media:    © Copyright 2014 Glacier Community Media | User Agreement & Privacy Policy


Lost your password?